Meghan Markle’s father tells Prince Harry to ‘man up’ as he admits he’ll be glad to see his daughter across the courtroom

Meghan Markle Prince Harry

Meghan Markle’s father Thomas Markle has admitted he’ll be happy to see his daughter and her husband, Prince Harry in court.

Credit: Getty

In an explosive interview on Good Morning Britain today, the former TV lighting director, 75, explained how he has had no contact from his daughter despite his pleas for her to reach out for him.

Claiming that accepting high profile interview opportunities is the only way to contact his daughter and her royal husband, Thomas opened up about the possibility of finally clapping eyes on the pair in court.

Former Suits actress Meghan confirmed she would sue the Mail on Sunday after they published a private letter she wrote to her father, given to them by Thomas himself.

READ MORE:Thomas Markle admits he was ‘jealous’ of Prince Charles when he watched him walk ‘beautiful daughter’ Meghan down the aisle

Speaking to Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid about the possibility of coming face to face with Meghan and meeting Harry for the first time during the legal dispute, Thomas said, “If it comes to meeting them in a court room, that’s great.

“At least I finally get to see them. But I don’t want to have a face off or a battle with them. That’s not what I’m looking for.”

Going on to open up about his desire to meet Meghan and Prince Harry’s son Archie, who was born in May last year, he went on, “I’m really disappointed I haven’t seen my grandson and I really miss my daughter.”

View this post on Instagram

“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.” – The Duke and Duchess of Sussex For more information, please visit sussexroyal.com (link in bio) Image © PA

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on Jan 8, 2020 at 10:33am PST

Giving an open message to Prince Harry, who recently stepped back from the royal family alongside his wife, Thomas urged him to “man up” and reach out to him.

“Man up and fly down to see me. And we’ll talk,” Thomas, who says he will be interviewed every 30 days until Meghan responds to his pleas, remarked.

The post Meghan Markle’s father tells Prince Harry to ‘man up’ as he admits he’ll be glad to see his daughter across the courtroom appeared first on Woman Magazine.

Relevant news